Last night, Teen Challenge of Arkansas in Hot Springs, Arkansas, was badly damaged by monstrous tornados (photos below) that moved through our area. Our brand new Vintage Mall/Administrative building was totally destroyed. Two of our staff members were in the building when it was hit. While they are understandably shaken, they were not injured. A miracle!! All our students, staff, and their families are accounted for and fine! A real miracle, for sure! You can make an online donation byclicking here: http://www.teenchallengear.org/
Here is the damage that we know of at this time:
- One of our staff’s home was destroyed and he was injured, but not severely.
- Two other staff homes had trees go into them. One has three young children in her household and the other has an elementary aged child and is pregnant with her second child.
- The dormitory roof was severely damaged, but seems to be structurally sound right now.
- The classroom and kitchen building received roof damage.
- Many staff personal vehicles were destroyed
- to make a donation visit: http://www.teenchallengear.org/
Our most urgent needs are:
- Meals for our students, staff, and neighbors
- MONEY!!!!! (we estimate this will cost about $1 million to repair and are awaiting more information from our insurance company)
- Temporary storage units to hold what we can salvage
- Temporary office space so that our administrative work can continue to keep Teen Challenge of Arkansas going.
We’re trying to chainsaw our way through debris today. We’ll keep you posted. Thank you for all your prayers and support. Utilities and Phone services are out.